I’ve been pretty MIA for awhile, I’ll admit. I’ve been doing what I can to get out and explore the city and make friends, plus I’ve started working on projects. But don’t fret! I am planning on getting back in the habit of posting. Plus the projects I am getting involved with are kind of awesome.
So what have I been up to?
Well, I have been reading and listening to more podcasts. This week I plan on getting out a few book reviews, specifically:
- Asylum by Madeleine Roux (and eventually its sequels, which I’m working on reading)
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by JK Rowling
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- Shadowshaper by Daniel José Older
Podcast wise, I’ve started listening to some new ones — primarily comic book related ones. I’m learning ALL ABOUT the X-Men, and Panelology keeps me up to date on the major comic books of the week (primarily DC/Marvel reviews).
I do plan on doing a Season 2 recap of The Black Tapes Podcast as my Season 1 recap gets hits on a daily basis.
I can talk a little bit about some of the projects I’ve been working on, but not too much:
- I submitted my first story idea to a website, which took most of July for me to panic and actually write. I find out tomorrow (GASP) if it was accepted, and either way I’ll post more about where you can find/read it afterwards. …Because I do have a backup plan for it.
- Also, research, research, research. For both books.
- I’m going to get into podcasting — woo! It’s in the beginning stages, and we’re (myself and 5 other wonderful ladies) getting ready to record our “lost” episode – one that will never see the light of day. It is book related, specifically YA, and as it gets closer to being released, I’ll post more about it!
- Gishwhes is…. Gishwhes.
- I helped a friend with an episode of her podcast — I seriously doubt it’ll ever see the light of day, but man. If you aren’t listening to podcasts, what are you waiting for? There is literally something out there for everyone. And if there isn’t, you can start it yourself.
What else? If you aren’t watching Stranger Things or Scream, you should be.